Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Home to A Little Beyond Downtown Columbus

Awake at 5:00AM for some ungodly reason.  Two thoughts go through my mind:

(1)  I need to take a wicked piss.  Best to get up to do that.
(2)  I should go for a bike ride.

Be damned if I didn't do both.  Even though I laid there until about 5:20 debating over the second thought.  (The first one was going to get me up.  The debates were centered around, "Well, if I'm already up, do I want to get on a bike and ride?")

55 degrees this morning.  A wee bit chilly.  60 is usually my minimum riding temperature.  My hands and feet just get too cold when it's under 60.  Gloves and socks don't make any difference.  Figured I'd warm up just riding and hopefully within about 20 to 30 minutes the sun would be up and my extremities would survive until then.

I know going down High Street where the 10 mile point is.  Figured a quick jaunt to a restaurant, Dan's Diner, not far from the 10 mile point, would be doable.  Roughly an hour and 45 minute ride.  (You can see below that I estimated it well.  1:44:38.  Not bad.  Was only off by 22 seconds.)  A half hour to eat breakfast.  Be back home by 8:00AM at the very latest.  Plenty of time to start work.

Turns out Dan's didn't open until 7.  I was there at about 6:30.  Well, nuts.  Best laid plans and all that rot.  Was nearly all the way home before I found another breakfast place, about a mile and a half from the house.

Now I'm ready for a nap.  


Finished Cycle: Jun 27, 2012 7:48:23 AM
Shortened Google Maps URL: http://j.mp/OrjKYY
Ride Time: 1:44:38
Distance: 23.79 miles
Average: 13.64 mph
Fastest Speed: 33.30 mph
Ascent: 2997 feet
Descent: 2895 feet
Calories: 1900

No comments:

Post a Comment